Wednesday, October 12, 2005

"Jab Alex Ko Gussa Ata Hai..."

It was an ordinary Saturday night - cold and windy with a slight drizzle. Warmed with alcohol and a late, late night hot breakfast of eggs, noodles, and sausages I went to bed and promptly fell asleep.
Before long I was woken up by some strange noises. I peeked out, hiding most of my face under my comforter and tried to determine what was making the noise. After a few seconds, I realised my room-mate Alex was muttering in his sleep.
Thinking it was only natural I was about to go back to sleep when Alex started screaming in a deep voice, "Shut the fuck up, or I'm going to kill you, you motherfucker!" Then in another, more mellow voice he answers to himself, "Ok, ok, I'm going to keep quiet, don't kill me..." The deeper voice returned, "I don't care, I'm going to kill everyone anyway..."
Saying that he stood up on his bed, took his clothes off, walked to his computer and turned it on. In the mean time I get out of bed to see if Alex is awake or if he was sleep-walking. I wave my hand, do the St. Vitus' dance... no response. I guessed he was sleep walking. I followed him to the sink, where he poured himself a glass of water and back into the room.
Back in the room Alex walked to his desk and took out the kodachi (Japanese knife, slighlty smaller than a wakizashi) he keeps in his lower drawer, unsheathed it and started swinging it in the air narrowly missing me! (I was standing behind him). I stare in horror as Alex laughs maniacally.
I ran to the closet to fetch the baseball bat and whack him but before I could do that, Alex had kept the kodachi back on the table and was making his way to his bed. I waited for a few minutes, gripping the baseball slugger in my hand, shaking in my slippers. But, as I lowered the bat, I heard machine gun fire, "put-put-putput-putputput-put-put"... it was Alex farting in his sleep.
I wore my clothes, pocketed the kodachi and went for a walk.

21 comments:

  1. Has Madhu gotten to you, or did you always have this advertising streak to your many-faceted whatsit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No JoJo I do this to remind myself that I have to write these stories, because I never get around to doing the whole thing in one go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extraa Extraa...Read all about it...Chapter 3 is Out at Arbythea...check it out...Extraa extraaa!!

    http://arbythea.blogspot.
    com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finish your stories damnit!! Why you gotta leave people hangin like this?? =P

    Hope you had a good break.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yo Chandna, of course it's not Hamilton, it was meant to be a joke. I found the picture and decided to put it up. Only Shraddha thought it was actually Hamilton. Although, if something like that did happen at Hamilton, I would not be surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good break you say Maggie? While you were nice and cosy in New Jersey, we were flying in 50 miles an hour gales, complemented with a beautiful horizontal drizzle.

    I did nothing, as was the plan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. By the way the 3 Pimping Warlocks of Albany has been updated but not complete yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't nice and cozy in New Jersey....but in Massachusetts, with Chou...haha

    But at least u fulfilled yourself with nothing.

    Finally, the story is told!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha...you know you wish you knew what was going on in Nip/Tuck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How do these people find you, Maity?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a disaster magnet...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't Arbythea another Lord Of The Rings? Uniquequity is dead.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Arbythea is a LOTR-esque parody of the lives of certain mythic characters, many of whom you have met.

    Madhu takes it as straight fiction though.

    Just got my hands on Bored of the Rings - the Harvard Lampoon. Hilarious, and I've only read the intro ("Concerning Boggies".)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, I've read "Bored of the Rings" It was great... if you liked that you should also pick up "Fairy Tales for an enlightened time" or "Politically correct bedtime stories"... they're both along similar lines.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seven...and maybe their next kid will be eight? Haha..

    Have you seen the show Seinfeld?? There's that episode where George and his fiance go out to eat with her cousin and they're picking names for the baby...and he suggests Soda...haha. And then wants to name his own kid Seven but the cousins end up liking it. =P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now you've got people with Spanish-sounding names putting up comments in French!

    Viva la taco, mon senor! (Sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was probably spam...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mighty!!!!!!
    Alex sounds cool! My best friend and I have highly intellectually stimulating conversations when he stays over - thats only when he is sleeping. When he is awake, our man can think of nothing but food and his antennas. yuck!! BOYS, i tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well Alex is a cool kid... but I like my conversations, well, less mortally perilous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous5:57 AM

    dude till whn r u in cal?
    Bagaria

    ReplyDelete