Saturday, July 07, 2007

Sunlight will fall

I don't have any rants, any stories, or much of anything, really. The only reason I am posting is because I uploaded an album for someone and didn't want the link (nor the hour it took to upload the music) to go to waste. I figure you kids might be interested and if not, then oh well I suppose.

The album I uploaded is Chungking's latest album, Stay Up Forever. If you haven't heard of them...They're a British band (well, duo is more like it) with a female lead singer whose voice is very sultry, smooth, and quite unique. I would say Chungking's sound is in the category of trip-hop/electronica/chill-out. They've been compared to Goldfrapp, Morcheeba, and Portishead and I can agree with the first two but not Portishead, though, because I've never heard their music. Anyway, there's not much more I can say because you just have to listen to really understand. Thanks, youtube:

Chungking - Come With Me (From their 1st album, We Travel Fast)


Chungking - Love Is Here To Stay (From Stay Up Forever)

9 comments:

  1. Ooh nice. I was never that much of a fan of Morcheeba, but Portishead I love...do listen to them sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, your sense of music is far more in sync with Zonuts than mine is...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:14 AM

    Hee hee. That's true. Care to join up, Maggie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be honored, Yohan. =D

    Perakath: That only means you need to make more heavy metal posts to even it out...haha But seriously, though, a bit of everything makes things more interesting. And "you never know, lightning could strike."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right then I shall keep plugging away. Won't be able to upload songs until I get back to Delhi in August though, thanks to internet restrictions at work here. So I'll take a leave of absence, and you guys can grow the readership nicely for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:08 AM

    So Maggie, send me your gmail address and I'll do the deed.

    yohanjohn@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was fast...haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're all set. People go to Zonuts for Maggie's new post.

    ReplyDelete