Sunday, May 28, 2006

If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down

Whoever invented automatically flushing toilets should be punched in the face. They're costly, inconvenient, and can be such a pain in the ass. (Pun intended.) They're supposed to make things easier but I would say I've had bad experiences with them 4 out of 5 times. There are the times I try to lay those paper seat covers onto the toilet and before I can even begin to unbutton my pants, the damn thing flushes. Then there are the times when it flushes when I've just begun. And then when I'm in the midst. Or nearing the end. They flush at the most random times. Or what's worse, they don't flush at all and I end up having to push that little button above the damn sensor!! So really, what's the point?!?! Is it really so hard to flush the toilet manually? We have become a society so dependent on stupid, needless little "conveniences" that we don't even realize how much more inconvenienced we have actually become.

What happened to USEFUL conveniences? Asks the girl who lives in the only state in the entire U.S. where its residents do not have to pump their own gas. Damn right. How's that for the armpit of the U.S.?

5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! That's absolutely right. Though I think the reason is so we don't have to touch the button or whatever with our dirty hands and spread the germs etc.

    But those things seriously work weirdly! The last thing you want being taken away from you is your freedom to pee/poop in peace.

    And have you ever used the ones where the seat rotates automatically? Those are SCARIER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I've never come across one with a rotating seat! But I bet it would be scary...haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whaaa? Rotating seat? Gotta find this...

    Maggie, why don't you entitle your posts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I did a little digging. The rotating seats were actually designed to get hospital patients on and off the seat. In theory it's a fairly interesting concept. Is this the same toilet you were talking about?

    http://itsrv112.soe.stevens-tech.edu/fileadmin/me/senior_design/2005/group03/final.html

    The modern Japanese toilets with that automatic push button water release (which can go horribly wrong at times) seems to be pretty popular at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't see the link. And I don't think these have anything to do with the hospital.

    Actually, the concept is interesting. The seat rotates a full 360 degrees. There's a part at the back where the seat is rotating underneath something. And it's being disinfected there, with a cloth or something. Because the seat is dry. But there's like the thingy on the wall that has lights that go on and off stating when the "seat is ready to use", "seat is being disinfected" etc. It's pretty neat, but it's also scary.

    ReplyDelete