Saturday, July 08, 2006

How do you like them apples?

I don't know about you but I hate those new Mac vs. PC commercials. I've never been a fan of Macs although they are more aesthetically pleasing. From my experiences, I can easily say that they do NOT run faster. Often, they run hella slower. And contrary to frequent spouted "fact," Macs DO freeze. Ever encounter the spinning color wheel of death?!?! Exactly. Force quit doesn't always cut it. And sure, Windows gets a crapload of viruses but hey, if Macs blow up to the point where the majority of computer users have them, I'm sure there will be ample viruses to go around.


4 comments:

  1. I don't think you'll be happy to know that they've replaced all the Windows machines in the MPC with Macs, although the STC desk (along with Beinicke and KJ) now have shiny new Pentium Duo Core D processors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha well, there weren't too many Windows in the MPC to begin with so I guess it doesn't bother me TOO much. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. when you leave for your euro-trip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Complications, complications and then some more... My UK visa starts from the 26th of August. Initially the plan was to go to London on the 15th of August, drop off my bags with my uncle there and then travel around europe for a month or so. Now I can't do that. Alternatively, I thought of going to Oslo to visit Chandna and maybe leave my stuff there, but apparently Chandna's family is arriving on the 15th too...Murphy's law. I did get an offer from my roommate's mom to leave my bags in Nice, in that case I'll have to fly to France. My friend Claire lives in Luxemborg, but there aren't any direct flights to L-borg. At the moment I can't buy tickets because of this quandary and hence, can't apply for the Schengen visa. Worst case scenario, I'll go on the 25th of August, although I haven't figured out what I'm going to do in the US till then. Maybe something will work out. I could ask Aglae who lives in Paris, let's see, I'm waiting for Chandna's response, time is running out.

    Are you sorry you asked that question?

    ReplyDelete