Thursday, October 12, 2006

Pictures of Scaffolding

I feel a faithless lover returning to my faithless love. It has been a long time since I've written anything on this blog. This sphere is slowly turning into a shallow grave. It appears that the spunk driving the intense blogging in its early stages have now given way to sporadic notes like these. Honestly though, can you really blame me?
Initially I was quite gung-ho about recording my Odyssey through Europe in these pages, but now I'm not so sure. But I'll start anyway and see how far it goes...
My journey seemed to be star-crossed from the beginning, what with Pragyan breaking his leg a few weeks before our plans finalised and my failure to obtain a British visa early enough to drop my bags off in London. Plus there was the theft of my wallet in NYC (I have a feeling the pickpocket responsible was a graduate of LSP...). Not to mention that I was now going to be travelling on my own... I was a little apprehensive.
However, one morning I called Hann, a recent Hamilton grad and asked, "Hey, I'm going to Europe, want to tag along?" Fortunately, and rather surprisingly Hann said, "yeah, sure why not." The rest they say is history, but I shall spell it out for you anyway...
This series is going to be broken into 21 parts, one for each city, I think.

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean!!!!! That's one of the main reasons I'm dying off too... it's cos there's none of the crazy banter going on in the comments area anymore. I don't even know any of you!! And yet I feel like I've lost something. It makes me sad :(

    Btw silly, that's canvas that's been painted by me.. the one on my blog. That's what I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok if it's your painting then I am impressed... just goes to show how good it was. I thought it was a photograph on a crumpled yellow sheet of paper, and I said, what's so great about that? But now it makes much more sense. Goku ro, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:37 AM

    I've written like 3 posts on the death of blogging, each followed by a brief resurgence. This time, however, I think it's over.

    But do keep us informed Maity.

    ReplyDelete