Thursday, March 01, 2007

Regular Karma

Yesterday sucked.

I first found out that my planned trip to Spain, Portugal and Morocco were down the drain, because the earliest visa appointment date I could get was the 16th of April, when my trip was actually supposed to end. Not to mention I'm going to lose all my flight bookings... now there's a hundred quid well spent. And it was Holy Week too... For the first time I realised how much it sucked to have an Indian passport.

Later in the evening my friend called and since she too was depressed for her own reasons, we decided to watch a movie to cheer up... and I got ice-cream too!

"The Last King of Scotland" is undoubtedly one of the best "historical" movie I've seen since "Motorcycle Diaries". Forest Whitaker was brilliantly gruesome as Idi Amin. True, one might draw parallels to "Hotel Rwanda", but it's still a bloody good movie. Watch it. The movie was great but it was as much fun as playing with asbestos and did nothing to improve my mood.

Being a student of economics I'm waiting for the trade-off for my run of shit luck.

9 comments:

  1. Sorry bout your trip plans. =( You could always come back to Ham, though! (Def nothing like Spain, Portugal, and Morocco, though.) But I'll be here! And so will Chou and Amit and etc. =P

    Oh man, you guys didn't have access to a better mood-lifting movie??

    Hope your luck changes mad soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But then I called and it got better:)
    Anyway, things worked out, so put up a more cheerful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about this, it honestly sucks. Any alternative plans?

    txojeby: poisonous Mallu submarine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually I do have a devious plan up my sleeve... whether it worked or not you shall find out in due course. I shall not jinx it by telling y'all.

    Go back to Hamilton? but I just left. I'll go back in September, but then you, Chou and Amit will all be gone. I can't believe I'll miss your graduation!

    Hey, "Last King..." may not have been a happy, sing around the trees movie, but it got my mind off things, and I'm glad I watched it.

    Thanks for calling Anusha, although that was the most abrupt end of a phone conversation I've ever had. It certainly made the day better.

    "Poisonous Mallusubmarine" - hahahaha. I hope Jeby doesn't read it. I have such a vivid memory of the incident...actually I don't have such a vivid memory of it, I was too mothered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The incident where Jeby earned his name - "mallu submarine". I don't think you were there. It was at Sachin Chiramel and Kasewa's party first week of freshman year. It was a pool party somewhere in Sainik farms. And people were being randomly thrown into the pool... I remember some chick throwing her cellphone into the pool and then diving in. Gupta's phone fizzled out. Lodu went insane and tried to smoke weed in a newspaper (or was that Kamat Gandhi's party?)... Jeby was one of the ones who were thrown into the pool, but poor guy was so drunk, he went down like a submarine. Initially everyone thought it was funny, but then when he didn't surface we had to fish him out and take him to a hospital. That incident.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:33 PM

    Haha! I warned you beforehand of the likelyhood of that happening:)\
    That was the party you and singhi came back puking all the way no..

    ReplyDelete
  7. September??!?

    =(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember you telling us about it...was this the one when you puked down the side of your cab on the way back?

    ReplyDelete