Friday, April 19, 2013

What Grinds My Gears

There are things that rile me up.  Some of them I can talk about, others are best left unsaid.  Everyday the news depresses me.  Heroes fall from grace and vile people are put on pedestals as a beacon of progress.
Narendra Modi - really, this is the man we now consider as a hero?  Are we reverting back to a time when it was acceptable to trod on the lives of others for reform?  Have we learnt nothing from our past.  Are we really simply ignorant or do we choose to wear blinders from the truth? 
I was shocked and ashamed to hear that there are some people who treat the Godhra Riot, not as a blemish on this nation's soul, but as a small matter that needs to be overlooked in the name of economic progress.  The debauchery and seething hate fostered and encouraged by the Modi administration is nothing short of horrific and should never be forgotten.  At the risk of evoking Godwin's Law, let me state that the greatest autocrats and despots of our time swayed the people with the promise of economic reform and progress.  When your ideology states: "Muslims, they don't deserve to live!"  I shudder if our fate is to have this man as the prime minister of India.
Enough about that ass (do I risk getting arrested now?).
Then we have the two clowns Lance Armstrong and Oscar Pistorius, way to further ruin the integrity of sport for me.  I was already reeling from the football match fixing scandal...

2 comments:

  1. U seem to be really paranoid dude one can understand!! All in all keep the faith!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-)
    dont worry i'm still here

    ReplyDelete