Monday, June 12, 2006

Have An Adequate Day

This semester I was hit with the Marx Brothers fever, but this is not about that. This weekend amidst World Cup fever, Ntokozo's birthday and a good-bye party for Claire, I went to New York City to bid adieu to Shraddha.

I had a chance to visit the 24/7 underground Apple store on 58th Street. Fondly known as "The Cube", this is a Mac-paradise, a real fun place.

On the walk back to Shraddha's appartment, we saw 2 Ferrari F430s, a Mercedes SL500, a Bentley Continental, an Aston Martin Vanquish, and a Porsche 911GT in that order in a span of five minutes. A Lambourghini would have wrapped up the day nicely.

I've been trying to catch up on my reading for the past couple of weeks. So far I've re-read The Chronicles of Narnia, a lot of Feynman, Brave New World and am presently cruising along an annotated version of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I also have American Bartending on the side (thanks Shraddha!).

As for the World Cup, so far there hasn't been anything of note, except for the last three Australian goals against Japan in the last eight minutes...

3 comments:

  1. Wow, some nice cars you saw.

    You know what's weird? I had never seen Bentleys in person until recently. During two separate trips up to Boston, I saw a total of four. And add to the mix two Lotus (Loti? wtf is the plural?), both bright ass yellow. Never seen them before either but saw these two in one month. What are the odds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lotus? They've not been doing well in recent history...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fring's goal in the first match was pretty good. And Spain looks promising.

    ReplyDelete