Monday, August 07, 2006

Hamilton Summer: The Ballad of Pragyan Pradhan

This is to welcome Pragyan Pradhan (formerly known as The God of Small Things) of Jae and Silent Pradhan fame to enter the world of blogging; adding yet another eclectic voice to "Listening to the Weather". Pragyan is presently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Economics and Mathematics at Hamilton College. When not studying, wasting time, or fighting for civil rights issues in Nepal, Pragyan enjoys fighting crime under the guise of Proverbman. We look forward to a glimpse of his never ending river of wisdom...

On another note, I am dead tired. Thinking is taxing. I should stop.

I did not do any work the whole summer. Maybe read a couple of books: Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World", Kawabata's "Master of Go" and Bill Bryson's "A Brief History of Everything" among others. Watched a lot of movies, some useless, some brilliant, like Kubrick's "The Shining" on HD... finally eh? Played a lot of games, learnt how to mix a mojito and the fact that Miami cops can afford Ferraris... one could say that all summer was one lazy sunday.

This weekend I did more work than the whole summer. Pragyan and I have our research presentation due at 6 pm this evening. We started working on our research paper 2pm on Saturday afternoon. Needless to say the next 48 hours were spent bent over three laptops, thousands of loose sheets of research papers and raw data and a bottle of Johnny Walker Gold Label.

I'm still trying to recover from the onslaught. Twenty eight pages of, quite frankly, bullshit. Albeit it's not spectacular, I'm proud of it. I just hope my boss feels the same way.

(Edit: The dinner-presentation went off great! I think...)

"I'll procrastinate tomorrow..." ~ Pragyan Pradhan

4 comments:

  1. It's about time Pragyan is on here! We talked about this at the beginning of the summer, I believe! Haha...how fitting...

    Welcome, Pragyan!! Look forward to your posts!

    I'm sure you both did well at that presentation!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and the Three 6 Mafia is now complete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So it is, so it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to join you guys. Maity, thanks for such an awesome welcome. I will be posting some soon...'soon'!

    As far as the research is concerned, I think no one would believe that it was a two-day effort. I am also proud of it. Come on guys...writing 27 full pages of clean bullshit, with fact-sheets supporting them (haha...'fact'), is not a joke. Presentation, was another big moment of pure bullshitting...but I guess, it did go well. Maity and I were able to earn a nice dinner with that...it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete