Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Run Rabbit Junk

I had to get out of the Harry Potter groove…

It’s been an exciting few days even without Harry P. What with PM Manmohan Singh visiting the US to a red carpet reception and speaking to a joint session of the Congress and President George Bush not goofing up for the first time in a long time while introducing Manmohan Singh. So, India, US nuclear chaddi-buddies eh? But the funniest part is definitely the Pakistani PM canceling his US visit…and the Left... oh the Left.

Kaur gets thrown out accused of messing around with funds…says she’ll go to court. Face it woman, you’re screwed! I hope you have a couple of million stacked away somewhere safe.

Aishwarya Rai now claims that it’s not her voice either on the tape! Somebody call Oliver Stone.

The Hurriyat meets the Kashmiri Pandit leaders in a conference for the first time in sixteen years. I hope you’re happy now, Athar.

Dada has to play under Rahul Dravid, provided, of course, he gets to play. Is this the end of Saurav Ganguly? With a multi-crore deal with the Nimbus Group, it’s hardly relevant, is it?

Disneyland celebrates its 50th birthday with Arnie, the Gu-von-er of Kali-for-nia. Europe is over ridden with tension – everyone’s crapping their pants. Musharraf blames the Madrasas. British tabloids are making Blair look like a lollipop in Bush’s hands which is being stolen by a big bad bully.

It’s a shame that with so many things happening all around, when I go back to college, conversations as usual will steer into sex, drugs and alcohol. Come to think of it, maybe it’s me who’s got the priorities wrong!

7 comments:

  1. Phew! No HP talk here at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, like I said, "had to get out of the HP groove..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,that was an interesting run down of the current events frm ur side,newspapers manage to make 'em sound bland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Nomadic Wave, where are you going this evening? Washing down the shores of Tripoli? Reminds me of that old Enya song. "Orinoco Flow" I think it was called.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! I've been linked. When I first read it, I thought "There's NO way he could know I have a Nokia!" So, now I just don't know what it means. "We no care"??? :s

    ReplyDelete
  6. well one good link, deserves another I guess...

    ano, well, it was supposed to be we no care...except in a Arnie accent...

    so you have a nokia eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah Cal...still.

    ReplyDelete